Hello Everyone, We are back with some more delicious keto recipes prepared and shared by our dear parents whose little ones are on ketogenic diet.
- KETO ALMOND PHIRNI KHEER
Heavy whipping cream
Unsweetened almond milk
- In a medium heat proof saucepan whisk together cream, almond milk, almond flour sweetener, crushed saffron and cardamom.
- Heat over medium heat until the mixture is boiling, whisking frequently to prevent lumps.
- Once the phirni boils turn down the heat to maintain a lazy boil and cook until the mixture is about the consistency of a thick pancake batter.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, sprinkle with additional ground cardamom before serving.
2. KETO MEDU VADA
Ginger (finely chopped)
Green chillies (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, finely chopped ginger, chopped green chillies, some fresh coriander, half tbsp black pepper powder, xanthan gum.
- Add hung curd and psyllium husk to make it softer.
- Mix all to form a dough and then fry after making a donut shape.
- Deep fry the vada.
- Serve hot.
3. KETO GARLIC CREAMY CHICKEN
Boneless skinless chicken breasts
Grated parmesan cheese
Oregano or Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally to make them thinner. Season both sides of chicken breasts with garlic powder, oregano, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in over medium-high heat in a large heavy duty pan or cast iron skillet. Add chicken breasts to the pan and cook 5-6 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, add the mushrooms and onion to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the garlic and a pinch of salt & pepper; saute for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to low and Add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and herbs. Simmer for 1-2 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Return chicken along with its juices to the pan and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
4. KETO CHEESECAKE- NEW YORK BAKED CHEESECAKE
- In a large glass bowl, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, erythritol and salt together until each of the ingredients are well combined.
- This process has to be done quickly, otherwise, it will not work! – Cut the cold butter up into small chunks, and add it to the dry ingredients. Press the butter into the dry ingredients by using two forks. This can also be done in a food processor by pulsing the chunks of butter and dry ingredients for 20 – 30 seconds on high.
- In a 22cm (8.5″) cake tin, line the bottom insert with baking paper, grease the inside with butter and press the base mixture into the bottom of the tin
- Place the tin in the fridge to allow the base to set. Preheat your oven to 140 degrees C (280 F) if fan forced, otherwise 160 degrees (320 F).
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla extract, lemon zest and erythritol. Mix until well combined.
- As the mixture begins to thicken slightly, add the first egg and continue to mix. Add in the rest of the eggs one at a time, and continue to mix.
- Take the base out of the fridge, poke holes in the bottom of the base with a fork, and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until slightly golden. Remove and let cool slightly. Wrap the bottom of the tin in aluminium foil.
- Using a sieve, pour the cream cheese filling through into the base (this helps remove any large clumps that might spoil the cheesecake). Put the cheesecake into the oven and bake in a large baking sheet filled with water (otherwise known as a water bath). Alternatively, you can place 2 ramekins filled with water right next to the cheesecake. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Check the cheesecake by pushing a spike into the middle. If it comes out clean then the cake is ready.
- Turn the oven off, and leave the oven slight open for another 30 mins to cool the cheesecake slowly. (this stops the top from cracking) Remove from the oven and let it come to room temperature before placing in the fridge for 4 hours to set.
Note:Please do not use this recipe on your own. Contact your Dietitian for calculated amounts of each ingredient. Amounts may vary from patient to patient depending upon calories and keto ratio.