Our Keto Chef Saritha has come up with new delicious recipe- Keto Almond Bread Loaf.
Ingredients of Keto Almond Bread Loaf (per meal)
Krunchy Nutz almond flour- 23 g
Egg- 108 g
Baking powder- 1 g
Butter- 60 g
Psyllium husk powder- 1/2-1 tsp
Flavoring for the bread – garlic, finely chopped, chillies , minced parsley, celery finely chopped , any dried herbs of your choice. These are just to enhance taste.
Here are the ingredients for the Keto Almond loaf bread
Method of preparation as follows:-
1. Sifter – you can use any type of sifter. The dry ingredients need to be mixed together by sifting, or use a fork/ whisk to mix everything well. There should be no lumps in the dry mixture.
2. Hand beater – required to beat the egg whites and egg yolks. Please separate the egg whites and yolks carefully. No egg yolk must be in the egg whites as it will not beat up fluffy as required to get a good texture in the bread. Use a clean dry bowl to beat the egg whites.
3.This is how you will beat the egg whites
4.Keep beating the egg whites – we are trying to achieve stiff peaks
5.Almost there , see the consistency of the egg whites
6.This is how fluffy the egg whites should be. Set aside
7.See how the egg yolks are getting emulsified.
8.Once the egg yolks are thick and creamy, start adding slowly the melted butter
9. Once the yolks and butter are well mixed, start adding the dry ingredients – sifted almond flour, baking powder and salt. Add 2-3 tsps of psyllium husk powder at this stage
10.Start mixing using your hand mixer
11. When the egg yolk and butter mixture ingredients are well mixed together, we start adding the stiffly beaten egg whites slowly
12.Fold the egg white into the mix, using a folding movement. The aim is to avoid deflating the air in the beaten egg whites
13. Fold in more of the egg whites gently. Mix the entire egg white into the yolk and flour mixture. Do this gently using a spatula.
14. Add the egg whites in 3 batches. When you add the final batch, add the herbs you will be using.
15. Continue to fold the egg whites and herbs gently. The key is to not deflate the mixture.
16.This is how the almond flour batter should look.
17. Carefully pour the batter into a well-greased loaf tin, be sure to line the bottom of the tin with baking parchment paper.This is the loaf tin with the batter
18. Before starting to incorporate the egg whites, pre heat your oven to 170 degrees.This is the setting you will use on your OTG (oven).
19. Place the tin inside and set the timer for 30 -40 minutes. Every OTG behaves differently, do check the loaf for doneness from about 30 minutes onwards.
20.This is how the loaf should look when almost ready.
21. To check if the loaf is baked, insert a wooden skewer- it should come out clean , with just a couple of crumbs maybe sticking to it. This is how the wooden skewer should look- clean with just a couple of crumbs sticking to it.
22. Loosen the loaf from the sides of the loaf tin, by running a sharp knife around the edges of the loaf pan to loosen it in case it is sticking. Remember greasing the loaf pan with coconut oil/ olive oil will help greatly when it is time to demould it.
23.Place the bread loaf pan on a cooling rack and let it cool well before trying to unmould it. Ta Da!
24. This is how the almond bread loaf will look once cooled. Start slicing it only once fully cooled. Use a sharp serrated bread knife to cut the loaf into slices.
25. Slices of almond bread! Enjoy.